As the crap sandwich all the fly honey’s are calling the Great Fiscal Suicide Act of 2009 (aka “stimulus“) gets signed in to law, there are a number of pundits who are all jumping up and town aboot how the Republicans had no ideas. Maybe I imagined the seventeen Republican amendments that were voted down unanimously by House Democrats.
Actually, that’s not true. ONE Dem voted for ONE of them. Ok, so it was bi-partisan after all.
There’s a difference between “not having an idea” and “not having an idea that Dear Leader disagrees with.” Just as an example, Newt Gingrich and American Solutions. They had twelve of them…
1. Payroll Tax Stimulus. With a temporary new tax credit to offset 50% of the payroll tax, every small business would have more money, and all Americans would take home more of what they earn.
2. Real Middle-Income Tax Relief. Reduce the marginal tax rate of 25% down to 15%, in effect establishing a flat-rate tax of 15% for close to 9 out of 10 American workers.
3. Reduce the Business Tax Rate. Match Ireland’s rate of 12.5% to keep more jobs in America.
4. Homeowner’s Assistance. Provide tax credit incentives to responsible home buyers so they can keep their homes.
5. Control Spending So We Can Move to a Balanced Budget. This begins with eliminating Congressional earmarks and wasteful pork-barrel spending.
6. No State Aid Without Protection From Fraud. Require state governments to adopt anti-fraud and anti-theft policies before giving them more money.
7. More American Energy Now. Explore for more American oil and gas and invest in affordable energy for the future, including clean coal, ethanol, nuclear power and renewable fuels.
8. Abolish Taxes on Capital Gains. Match China, Singapore and many other competitors. More investment in America means more jobs in America.
9. Protect the Rights of American Workers. We must protect a worker’s right to decide by secret ballot whether to join a union, and the worker’s right to freely negotiate. Forced unionism will kill jobs in America at a time when we can’t afford to lose them.
10. Replace Sarbanes-Oxley. This failed law is crippling entrepreneurial startups. Replace it with affordable rules that help create jobs, not destroy them.
11. Abolish the Death Tax. Americans should work for their families, not for Washington.
12. Invest in Energy and Transportation Infrastructure. This includes a new, expanded electric power grid and a 21st century air traffic control system that will reduce delays in air travel and save passengers, employees and airlines billions of dollars per year.
He goes into more detail on why each of these steps would be effective here. If you take this to the American people in town hall meetings – far away from the Internet where trolls copy and paste the talking points they’ve been told to copy and paste – it should “play in Peoria” as they say.
Like what you read? Join Citizens for Brodigan to get all the latest updates!